Please contact me with your questions and concerns. I care very much about the privacy of everyone who uses my site.
What information do I collect?
I collect information from you when you register on SightReadingMastery.com, subscribe to my mailing list or fill out a form on my site.
When ordering or registering on my site, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit my site anonymously.
What do I use your information for?
The information I collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience - Your information helps me to me make this site more relevant to you.
- To improve the website - I use the information and feedback I receive from you in my efforts improve the quality of this site.
- To improve customer service - Your information helps me respond to your inquiries, customer service requests and support needs more effectively.
- To process transactions - Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send you periodic emails - The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from these emails, you can always do so. I include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do I protect your information?
I use Stripe, a trusted online payment processor, to handle all credit card and payment-related information you might provide to me. That information travels directly to their systems through a secure connection and never even touches my servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do I disclose any information to outside parties?
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your name and other non-sensitive account information may appear publicly on our community features like Leaderboards and Recent Activity. If you prefer to shown anonymously, with a different name or not at all, you can update your account's community settings accordingly.
Third party links
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
I have taken precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. I therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act
This website, its products and services are all directed to adults, not people under the age of 13. I run my site in compliance with COPPA (the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act) and will not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age.
I'll do my best to make any changes obvious and the reasons for them clear. But again, if you have questions or concerns, please contact me.
Oct 25, 2018: Updated notes about the disclosure of personal information relating to our new Recent Activity feature and how to customize your appearance in or opt out of community features like this.
July 18, 2018: Added notes about the disclosure of personal information relating to our new Leaderboards feature.